This article was published on March 19th, 2020
As the situation continues to effect communities in Qatar and beyond, social distancing is being encouraged, where everyone should spend time at home. Those with kids might find this a bit challenging, but here are 25 things you can do at home with your kids:
1. Indoor hide and seek
2. Try a new recipe in the kitchen
3. Make a castle using pillows, blankets and sheets
4. Play bored games, video games, puzzles as a family.
5. Create contests when playing games!
6. Go indoor camping
7. Play dress up
8. If you have a pet, teach them a new trick with the help of your kids
9. Have an indoor picnic
10. Read books
11. Blow bubbles!
12. Unleash your kids creativity – drawing, writing, play dough…
13. Have a pizza party!
14. Teach them a new card game
15. Try and teach them how to juggle
16. Learn a dance together
17. Make paper airplanes and create a contest for whose flies the furthest.
18. Have a movie marathon
19. Try breakfast in bed
20. Closet clean out!
21. Redecorate your family room or the children’s bedroom
22. Sing along to your favorite songs together!
23. Decorate old t-shirts
24. Look at old photos
25. Have a popcorn party!