This article was published on April 8th, 2020
Over 100 million people worldwide and in Qatar are living under some sort of isolation or quarantine due to the outbreak of COVID-19,. Here are some tips from the World Health Organization to keep you safe and healthy during this time:
– Stick to healthy eating, to boost your immunity.
– Limit your intake of alcohol and sugar-filled drinks.
– Don’t smoke – it can increase your risk of getting sick.
– Get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, and have your kids exercise for an hour.
– For those who are still allowed to go outside, go for a walk, a bike ride… but always remember social distancing and keep a safe distance from others.
– For those who can’t leave the house, try dancing, jumping rope, a yoga session, or try walking up or down the stairs.
– If you’re working from home, make sure you don’t sit in the same position for too long.
– Try taking a three to five minute break, every 30 minutes.
– Try and keep a positive outlook on the situation, listen to music, meditate, read a book….
Remember, stay home, and stay safe.