This article was published on July 22nd, 2019
The hot and humid summer months are in full swing in Qatar and if you haven’t already done so, you need to consider safely and securely storing your outdoor furniture, to ensure that it stays in mint conditions. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
– Take off the removable covers and wash them.
– Stack them loosely in a dry, clean area in the house.
– If you are opting for storing them outdoors, make sure they are covered fully.
– Before removing the furniture, make sure you brush and scrub all surfaces to ensure that when you store them, they are clean.
– Apply humidity repellent/oil to the ends and feet of the pieces.
3. Use covers:
– It’s always a good idea to individually cover each piece, and use dust covers as well, to ensure that the furniture stays in good condition.
4. Manage mold:
If any of the items (cushions, furniture or even umbrellas, have any mold on them, scrub them carefully to remove the mold. This of course depends on the material – and make sure you wear gloves!
5. Make repairs:
This is the best time for making small repairs to any pieces that need it, before you put them away in storage. Think of what is needed – a coat of paint, polish, maybe some deep cleaning?
6. Stack them up:
The best way to store furniture is to stack it up in a dry room, so that the feet are off the floor.