This article was published on July 29th, 2019
With Eid al Adha just around the corner, many of us will be leaving Qatar for an extended summer holiday. With that being said, here are a few tips that will help you prepare your home for your vacation.
– Unplug electrical appliances and devices where possible
– Turn off the water valve in your washing machine, dishwasher, etc.…
– Set your thermostat between 21-23 degrees. While this could be an extra expense, you should never turn off your AC while away, as you will return to a house full of mold.
– Throw away any food in the house that could go bad before your return
– Take out the trash in every room in the house
– Make sure your fire alarm is working properly
– Check all your windows and doors to make sure that they are properly closed
– Make sure your house is clean – the last thing you want is to come back to a bug or insect problem
– If you’re traveling for over a month, you might want to consider pausing your internet subscription.
-Leave your contact details with a trusty neighbor, who you can also ask to water your plants for you!
– Park your car safely in the garage – disconnect the battery if you’ll be gone for long periods of time.